Tuesday, February 17, 2009

A Dedication

I look at you through the mirror of my mind, and I realize it needs cleaning. The details are blurring and you're starting to look like everyone else I ever knew. Is this the norm? I can only assume it happens to everyone. Maybe you were the other part of my heart, but when you left my heart changed and it's just an unmatched sock, waiting around for something. Better? Who knows. All I know is it's waiting for something different.

~*~

I live for your phone calls and the weekends when we get to pretend you're not going away. I love the quiet dignity you match with my boundlessly passionate existence. And I guess it's a darn good thing one of us has an ounce of sense, or we'd probably be sitting on some beach somewhere, too poor to buy Cherry Cokes but refusing to come home. (Wait- why is this bad again!? ... See, look what would happen to me without you.) I am truly thrilled to say that you're my bestie, and I wish you'd hurry up and finish your homework because I want to hear about your new kitten. :)

~*~

You've been my soul-sis for so long, and now you're someone's soul-mate. I can't tell you how happy we all are to see the ring finally sparkling on your hand. (I believe he heard me screaming ecstatically when you called to tell me, no?) You've been the best example of a true prayer warrior and friend I've ever seen, and as I kid I aimed to be like you. (Do you even know how happy I was that first time you told me we were just alike?) I can't wait to see you in your dress, or for that (hopefully not too-far-off) day when you call me to tell me I'm gonna be an aunt for the eighth time in my life. Thank you for being so wonderful- I hope all the blessings come right back to you.

2 comments:

  1. You know the great thing about being soul-sisters? It's one of those boundless and eternal bonds: rare, incredible and oh-so beautiful. I knew you were special like that the day you tip-toed into class with your perfect archy feet! Believe me...the blessings in my life are abundant and overflowing, and I count you as one of the most dear every day of my life. I love you Em! And don't worry...when that hopefully not too-far-off day arrives you will be among the first to know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually those Cherry Cokes are calling my name right now I do believe... =D I can't wait for another weekend with you. I miss you. I love you. And yes, you need to meet Rylah.

    ReplyDelete