Friday, April 17, 2009

So Many Words Have Passed

This morning came too early because last night was far too late.
This is the first time in a long time I have done this.
(Or at least it's been since March.)

And I am terribly afraid of you
(Though I told you that I'm not)
Because those three words I will not say
And all the others that could mean so much
Won't leave my lips
But the clock reveals the secret
By reminding me how very many other words
Have fallen off a lazy tongue, wanting one more moment
Before this is gone forever.

And I could have given you my heart
Could have given you my trust
But instead I gave you my words
And I may as well have given you both the former.

1 comment:

  1. This was beautiful as per usual. <3 it and you. perfectly expresses everything.

    ReplyDelete